Trip/Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney

Broward County: 954-583-8999 Collier County: 239-403-3728 Throughout Florida: 877-GLUCK-LAW




Automobile Accident Attorney - Robert Gluck
Call Robert Gluck
Email Robert Gluck
Automobile Accident Attorney
CALL MY CELL NUMBER: 954-895-7455

Trip, Slip and Fall Accident Attorney

Trip/slip and fall accidents can leave victims with painful long-term injuries. That is why it is important to hire the right Trip/Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney such as Robert Gluck, who has been handling these types of cases since 1991.

The law in Florida states that business and property owners owe invitees, guests and others who have a legitimate reason for being on their property a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition, to warn of any dangerous conditions that exist and, if possible to remedy or fix any dangerous conditions before someone gets hurt.

If you are trespassing on someone’s property, which includes cutting across a parking lot or through a building to go somewhere else, the property owner does not have any duty to warn you of any dangerous conditions that a reasonable inspection may uncover, unless he or she knows about it already, and you can prove that. A trespasser would still have a claim for injuries for any known dangerous conditions. An experienced Trip/Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney is needed in these cases to determine what status the injured person has and what duty the property owner would owe him or her when injuries result, according to Florida law. Your trip/slip and fall accidents attorney must be fully knowledgeable of how the law changes, depending on whether the injured person was an invitee or trespasser, for example.

The duty of a property owner to conduct reasonable inspections and take reasonable precautions to protect people on their property applies to owners of retail stores, apartment buildings, shopping centers, doctor’s offices, public buildings, parking lots or any other property owned by someone else, including a relative’s home. If you were injured in any of the locations mentioned above, you may have a case. If, for example, you slipped and fell on a wet floor or had an improperly stocked item fall on you while you were shopping, the store may be responsible for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering if you were injured. If you were at a friend’s home and someone spilled water on the ground and you fell and got hurt, you may have a claim as well. In that situation, homeowner’s insurance usually covers the claim so that you would never be seeking financial compensation directly out of the pocket of your relative or friend that invited you to their home. If you were hurt, that is the reason they carried liability insurance on their homeowner’s policy. It is there for the protection of anyone that is injured on their property and is available to pay medical bills and more. Robert Gluck can help you obtain these benefits.

Unfortunately, slip and fall and trip and fall cases in Florida are some of the most difficult to prove. If you’ve had a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, you need to speak with an experienced trip/slip and fall accidents attorney/personal injury attorney about your case as soon as possible. Your attorney can get experienced professionals like engineers, property inspectors and other experts to examine and investigate the scene of the accident. It will also be necessary to determine if any building code violations may have contributed to your fall.

It’s also important to know, and many lawyers fail to explain to their clients, that just because you fell on somebody else’s property, the property owner is NOT automatically responsible for your medical bills and other expenses. You must prove that they did something wrong, or breached a duty of reasonable care owed to you. It would be next to impossible for the average citizen, recovering from an injury, to try to navigate this type of complicated and complex legal matter alone. You need an experienced and skilled Trip/Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney like Robert Gluck on your side.

In April of 2010, the Governor of Florida signed a bill into law that changed the way lawyers handle certain types of slip and fall and fall down cases. If the fall was due to a foreign substance on the floor, the person who fell now has the burden of proving that the foreign substance was there for a long enough period of time that the property owner knew or should have known it was there. This becomes a difficult burden to prove if the item is water that could have just been spilled seconds before you arrived at that location.

You need a Trip/Slip and Fall lawyer you can count on 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As a client, you will get Robert Gluck’s personal cell phone number. Contact the skilled and proven team at the Law Office of Robert Gluck at 954.583.8999 for a free case consultation today.

Slip and Fall - Trip and Fall Cases